5 Reasons to Buy a Baby Carrier
- January 6, 2015
- by Melissa Lawrence
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! So even though we’re well into our baby carrier series, I thought it would be good to step back and talk generally today about why baby carriers are such a great idea.
Here are 5 of the best baby-wearing benefits! My hope is that after reading these, you’ll agree that there’s no reason NOT to put ‘baby carrier’ on your shopping list!
Why Should I Buy a Baby Carrier?
1. Flexibility. Your baby carrier will give you freedom and flexibility, two things Moms need the most! When you’re carrying your baby, your hands are absolutely free! This means you can go about your busy day, finishing office work, folding laundry, cooking, and shopping for food. Not only does it let you get other work done, you’re still staying close and attentive to your baby, which is a big plus.
2. Convenience. When you’re living in a busy city, hopping on and off buses and out of cabs, you’re not going to want to deal with folding up a stroller each time. Carriers are so easy to bring on the go and it’s so simple to transfer your baby from one car to the carrier. Definitely a time-saver for any busy mom, in city or country!
3. Nursing. Carriers are ideal for public breastfeeding for two reasons. Just having that closeness to your baby is essential for hormones in your body to up the milk supply from your breasts. Also, the carriers make nursing really hassle-free and discreet. For instance, many of the carriers come with their own hoods to keep your breasts from being publicly exposed.
3.5 Bonding. Going along with nursing is the physical bonding you have with your baby. Even when you’re busy doing other things, like work in the office or around the house, you’re still spending such great quality time with your baby, one-on-one! And don’t forget dad! Carriers are a wonderful way for your hubby to spend some great time with his kids as well!
4. Cost. Most carriers are very reasonably priced. In fact, some people just skip buying the expensive stroller altogether and opt for only a carrier!
5. Exercise Lastly, the carrier is a great form of exercise for any mom and dad. After having a baby, walking with your baby on your chest is an excellent way to strengthen your core again and is actually recommended for new mothers.
Choosing a baby carrier depends greatly upon your own lifestyle, including how often you’ll be up and about outside of the house with your baby. I hope that with these five reasons in mind, the baby carrier might become another welcome addition to your family!
Oh, and here are some of the wonderful baby carriers we’ve reviewed thus far this year! Check them out: