30 Weeks Pregnant
- July 15, 2021
- by Melissa Lawrence
Hey there, pregnant moms and dads-to-be! How does it feel to be 75% through your pregnancy?! Today, I popped my kids in the car for a test run to the hospital. Figuring out how long it will take you to get to the hospital (with or without traffic) will help you plan and relieve some of your anxieties over going into labor. Keep in mind that when your contractions begin — or when your water breaks — you will first call your doctor. Depending on the frequency of your contractions, your doctor will advise you to stay home and keep monitoring your contractions, or to head to the hospital. More on that to come in this series. Now, let’s get down to business and learn all about your 30th week of pregnancy!
30 Weeks Pregnant: Recurring Symptoms
30 Weeks Pregnant: Common Symptoms
Fatigue during Pregnancy
She’s back, everyone! Fatigue, the agonizing symptom of the first trimester — my absolute nightmare (or daymare?) — has returned. Gone are the active days of the second trimester. Your third trimester marks a period of rapid growth for you and your baby, and that growth takes it toll, leading to tremendous physical fatigue. To help combat third trimester fatigue, try to get as much sleep as possible. Finding a good sleep position during your third trimester can prove to be almost impossible. Sample different positions and employ extra pillows under your feet so as to elevate your legs and relieve pressure.
hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow Wedge for Belly Support | Maternity Wedge Pillow for Pregnancy | Belly Wedge Pillow | Pregnancy Wedge Pillows Support Body, Legs, Back, Knees
cauzyart Pregnancy Pillows for Sleeping 55 Inches U-Shape Full Body Pillow and Maternity Support - for Back, Hips, Legs, Belly for Pregnant Women with Removable Washable Velvet Cover
bbhugme Adjustable Pregnancy Pillow – Full Body Support for Side Sleeping - Adjustable Firmness and Shape - Supports Back, Legs, Belly, Hips for Pregnant Women - Removable Cover - Dusty Pink
babybub Pregnancy Pillow - Maternity Pillow for Pregnant Women - Soft Body Pillow Support for Back,Belly,Hips & Legs - A Must Have Pregnancy Pillows for Sleeping - Travel Friendly & Machine Washable
QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillows, E Shaped Full Body Pillow for Sleeping, with Pregnancy Wedge Pillow for Belly Support, 60 Inch Maternity Pillow for Side Sleeper, Grey Bubble Velvet
Momcozy Pregnancy Pillows, U Shaped Full Body Maternity Pillow with Removable Cover, 57 Inch Pregnancy Pillows for Sleeping, Grey
Pharmedoc The CeeCee Pillow Pregnancy Pillow C-Shape Full Body Maternity Pillow (Grey Jersey Cover)- Support for Back, Hips, Legs, Belly a Pregnancy Must Haves, Maternity Pillows for Sleeping
Frida Mom Adjustable Keep-Cool Pregnancy Pillow, U,C,L, and I Shaped Full Body Maternity Pillow for Comfortable Sleep, Support for Belly, Hips + Legs, Cooling for Pregnant Women, Grey
Boppy Side Sleeper Pregnancy Pillow with Removable Jersey Pillow Cover, Gray Falling Leaves, Compact Stay-Put Design with Signature Stretch Panel, Prenatal and Postnatal Positioning
Lacomfy Pregnancy Pillow for Side Sleeper, Double Wedge Pillow for Maternity, Side Sleeping Pillow for Belly, Waist, Back Support, Detachable and Removable Outercase, Easy to Clean…
Stages of Fetal Development: Baby Growth & Size at 30 Weeks
At week 30, your baby weighs 3 pounds and is 16 inches long, about the size of a cabbage. Woah! By week 30, you can expect your baby to gain half a pound of weight per week! For comparison, it took your baby 19 weeks to gain its first half pound. They grow up so fast, don’t they!
As more and more white fat begins to develop subcutaneously and your baby’s brain begins to take over the process of temperature regulation, your baby will say goodbye to the lanugo that has helped keep them warm all this time. However, some babies will be born with this peach-like fuzz. So don’t be alarmed if your baby is born a little hairy! In more hairy news, by week 30, your baby will have eyelashes, eyebrows, and maybe even a cute little tuft of hair on their head. How adorable!
In addition to its fat stores, your baby is gaining lots of muscle. If your baby were to be born this week, your baby would have the strength to grasp one of your fingers with their hand. Also at this point, your baby’s bone marrow will take over for the spleen in red blood production. Just like you, your baby will be working on increasing the amount of blood it will retain in its body.
Fun Fact About Pregnancy
Your baby has less than a 10% chance of being born exactly on their due date! 90% of babies, however, will be born in the two weeks surrounding the due date.
Body Image Issues During Pregnancy
During pregnancy, your body undergoes tremendous change. Confronting these physical changes can prove daunting for any woman. If in the past you have struggled with your weight and healthy eating, managing a healthy diet and weight during pregnancy can be even more challenging. Eating disorders during pregnancy pose a danger to you and your baby’s health. If you find that you are in trouble in this regard, get help as soon as possible. Find a doctor and psychologist, talk this through, and make a plan. Check out the chart below for some more information. As someone who has struggled with eating issues in the past, I will say that having babies and breastfeeding got me to the other side and I now worry less about weight (and I eat in a more healthy way) than I did as a younger woman. So stay positive and stay strong! You are beautiful.
Your Pregnancy at 30 Weeks: Prenatal Appointments
Here are the prenatal tests that are available during this week:
Contraction Stress Test
Fetal Acoustic Stimulation
Week by Week Pregnancy Food Guide
For information on the do’s and don’ts of food during pregnancy, refer to Week 4 and Week 5. And check back in each week for a healthy pregnancy recipe.
Quick, Healthy Snack Tip
Caramelized Onion White Bean Dip: In a large skillet on high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil before adding 3 thinly sliced onions. Cook until soft for 5-7 minutes. Lower heat and cook for 30-40 minutes. Add the carmelized onions, 15.5 ounces of rinsed and dried white beans, ¼ cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of chopped thyme, and 2 cloves of garlic, chopped. Add small amounts of water or olive oil if the mixture is too thick. Serve with fruit, chips, or veggies! (itsavegworldafterall)
Why White Beans? While there are many types of white beans, the ones you may be most familiar with are cannellini beans. These beans are rich in protein, fiber, folate, Vitamin B6, and magnesium. They also contain polyphenol antioxidants, which help prevent certain chronic illnesses, like cancer and heart disease.
humanN SuperBeets Heart Chews - Nitric Oxide Production and Blood Pressure Support - Grape Seed Extract & Non-GMO Beet Energy Chews - Pomegranate Berry Flavor - 60 Count
Carnation Breakfast Essentials High Protein with Fiber Ready-to-Drink, 8 FL OZ Carton, Rich Milk Chocolate 8 Fl Oz (Pack of 24) (Packaging May Vary)
Bloom Nutrition Super Greens Powder Smoothie & Juice Mix - Probiotics for Digestive Health & Bloating Relief for Women, Digestive Enzymes with Superfoods Spirulina & Chlorella for Gut Health (Berry)
Veratify - Healthy Snacks To Go, Healthy Mixed Snack Box & Snacks Gift Variety Pack – Arrangement for office or Home – Granola Bars, Care Package (66 Count)
CLIF BARS - Energy Bars - Best Sellers Variety Pack- Made with Organic Oats - Plant Based (2.4 Ounce Protein Bars, 16 Count) Packaging & Assortment May Vary (Amazon Exclusive)
BOOST High Protein with Fiber Complete Nutritional Drink, Rich Chocolate, 8 fl oz Bottle, 24 Pack
Carnation Breakfast Essentials Ready to Drink with Fiber, Rich Milk Chocolate, 8 FL OZ Carton (Pack of 24) (Packaging May Vary)
Garden of Life Raw Organic Perfect Food Green Superfood Juiced Greens Powder - Original Stevia-Free, 30 Servings, Non-GMO, Gluten Free Whole Food Dietary Supplement, Alkalize, Detoxify, Energize
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder, Unflavored with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C, 9.33 oz, Pack of 1
Orgain Organic Vegan Protein Powder, Creamy Chocolate Fudge - 21g of Plant Based Protein, Low Net Carbs, Non Dairy, Gluten Free, No Sugar Added, Soy Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, 2.03 Lb (Packaging May Vary)
How Many Months Is 30 Weeks?
Doctors don’t measure your pregnancy based on months since months have a different number of days and weeks, meaning that the month during which your pregnancy began would influence the month of pregnancy you’re in. However, 30 weeks in months means that you are in your 7th month of pregnancy.
Week 30 Pregnancy Checklist
- Schedule your week 32 prenatal appointment
- Exercise and hydrate!
- Make sure to wear flats or sneakers and avoid heels
- Wear sunscreen when you go outside to avoid skin discoloration
- Conduct a test drive to the hospital to see how long the journey will be
- Stick to your Kegel exercise routine!
- What to Expect & What to Expect When You’re Expecting – 5th Edition (2016)
- The Bump
- Baby List
- The Mama Natural Week to Week Guide to Pregnancy & Childbirth (2017)
- Mayo Clinic’s Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy – Second Edition (2018)
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists