My theory with holiday gift guides is that they try to get you to buy pretty things that no one actually uses. I try to buy the practical stuff that will make your life easier as a mom, that will entertain and inspire your kids, and that will stand the test of time. No gimmicks for me; with an apartment and five kids, I don’t have the space for them! Here’s my list of terrific practical toddler toys you know and love.
Pin for later!
- Tegu Blocks: Tegu is truly one of our favorites here at CloudMom. Their creative, inventive blocks are one of the best learning gifts for toddlers that also encourages creativity. Plus they are so high quality and gorgeous that they can become family heirlooms. I love their pocket pouch as a stocking stuffer. You can buy Tegu blocks this month through a subscription to our newsletter and save 10 percent! Or buy here through Amazon.com! ($31.99)
- Stackable Nesting Blocks: Melissa & Doug Deluxe 10-Piece Alphabet Nesting and Stacking Blocks ($10.53) We got so much use out of these in my house. I think they’re ideal for young babies who love to stack and then crash things down, because they are light and no one gets hurt! This is a super set which also has letters.
- Sorter and Stacker: Melissa & Doug Stack and Sort Board ($9.07) Every little one needs these and I go for Melissa & Doug. Your child will play with these for hours, and if you have more than one child, these toys will be a part of your life for years, so I buy quality that lasts.
- Wooden Puzzles (Prices vary) Ditto here, same idea. From the age of 1-4, these will be wonderful toys for your kids, and they are made to last.
- Duplo Lego Set: LEGO Duplo My First Set ($27.70) As one big gift, I would invest in a Duplo Lego set and get your child building early on. You can combine these Duplo blocks from various sets and they will provide hours of creativity and inspiration.
Happy shopping and happy holidays! Share your gift picks for toddlers below!
You might also like: