Holiday Gift Guide: Best Books for Toddlers
- December 4, 2012
- by Melissa Lawrence
This is the second show in my series on books from my bookshelves. In this video, I’m sharing my favorite books for toddlers from 18 months to 3 years old. At this age, my kids still loved board books which were fun to touch and interact with, but the books did get longer and have more words. Of all the things I’ve done with my kids, sitting and reading these books with them has been one of the most precious and wonderful experiences.
Pin for later!
Here are our big hits:
- “From Head to Toe Board Book” ($7.99) I love everything Eric Carle does, and this is a book you can act out with your kid and they can play along by pointing to their own body parts as you read! “Today Is Monday” ($6.99) is also super.
- Two favorite potty books: “Big Boys Use the Potty!” ($6.99) and “Big Girls Use the Potty!” ($6.99) I’m getting ready to whip this out for Marielle who is turning 2 years old now, to start getting her thinking about potty training. This is definitely one of the best potty training books I’ve found so far!
- “Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?” Mini Edition ($4.95) Kids love the suspense and running their fingers over the cookies.
- “Ten Little Ladybugs” ($5.64) Same idea, this books has little pop-ups that the kids can play with. My kids love running their fingers over the ladybugs and then seeing how the number goes down.
- Little Quack ($10.87) Such a sweet book about a little duck who gets up his courage to jump in the pond.
I’m getting ready for the holidays here and always looking for new ideas, so please send them below and I will see if I can enhance Marielle’s Christmas choices! Remember, books make wonderful (and pretty inexpensive!) stocking stuffers for toddlers!
What are your picks for best books for toddlers?
You might also like: