Holiday Gift Guide: Top 6 Picks for Babies
- December 6, 2012
- by Melissa Lawrence
So the holidays are just around the corner! Have you done any shopping yet? If you’re still deciding what to put on your Christmas gift list, let this be your official holiday guide on what to buy for baby!
Pin for later!
Even though your little one likely will never even notice, consider indulging in some of these fun gifts for babies this holiday season. Each of them is a completely practical item that you will benefit from as your baby grows, so they are good things to put on your “wish list” or to give to a young baby you know and love.
Hope this gift guide helped! If you have one of these items or others to recommend for babies, please share with me and other moms!
- Multi-Colored Letters and Numbers Play Mat: Edushape Edu-Tiles 36 Piece Play Mat, Letters & Numbers Set ($49.45) Most moms you meet will tell you this was invaluable: a nice cushioned surface for baby to play on with letters and numbers. It’s reversible and can be adjusted to size or made into blocks.
- Skip Hop Activity Owl: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl ($16.14) Squeaks and rattles and much much more, this toy has over 10 developmental activities including teethers and it’s nice-lookin’ too!
- Sophie the Giraffe: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether ($18.49) If you didn’t receive Sophie as a shower gift, she should be on your holiday gift list. Good for squeezing, chewing, and smelling, she’s 100% natural rubber — an all-around delight for a young baby and a newly christened classic.
- Whoozit Soft Activity Book: Whoozit “What’s Red?” Soft Book ($14.99)A stimulating, engaging book and fully washable! Can’t beat it!
- Baby Cloth Stackable Nesting Blocks: Bright Starts Grab and Stack Blocks ($6.39)This is a very basic toy that will be fun for your baby to hold. You can begin the process of building with your baby using this and not worry about her eating the blocks.
- Skip Hop Bath Kneeler: Skip Hop Moby Bath Kneeler, Blue ($13.02) This is more of a gift for mom than baby, and will allow your knees to stay nice and comfy as you bathe your baby. One of those little indulgences you might not treat yourself to but that you would love to have, and practical too! Safe and easy to dry by sticking on your towel rod – a great invention! I don’t have one of these and I wish I had!
We want to know, what should be on any wish list for baby this year? Comment and share your favorite must-have items for little ones!
You might also like:
handmade blanket! I know it isn’t a toy but it was my favorite
Diapers. Lots and lots of diapers!!! Not too exciting perhaps, but definitely needed.
My little guy has LOVED the jumperoo he got as a gift from Grandparents. We also got him a Fisher Price Apptivity case that protects our phones/ipods from drool and let’s him easily hold it to watch videos or play games.
I like those play mats with the criss-crossing arches over the top where you can hang toys for the baby to play with or just look at. I don’t have a specific brand to recommend. Any would work.
We have a few of the toys listed above.
For the holidays this year my daughter received laugh out loud elmo, a rocking horse, little people disney castle, a baby stroller and highchair set…..that should keep her busy for awhile 🙂 I hope
Magnificent Baby burrito! My son & his wife love all their magnificent baby clothes & the super easy super fast closures.
We’re hoping for a bead maze and lots of books for our 8 month old.
These are all great ideas…I hope everyone’s holiday wishes come true! The winner of this giveaway is Janice…congratulations and I’ll be in touch about your prize. I agree with you on homemade blankets — such a special baby gift for any occasion.