Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you’re looking for something easy, fun, and yummy to make with the kiddies today (because you’re stressed out and complicated recipes give you an anxiety attack), here’s a recipe you’ll love! Officially our Fake Supermom Recipe #6: Magic Bars from one of CloudMom’s favorite foodies Jackie Ourman. This is an allergy-friendly recipe that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. You can check out all of Jackie’s recipes at her amazing website CAFE (Celiac & Allergy Friendly Epicurean).
Pin for later!
Have you ever eaten a Magic Bar? They are oh so magically delicious. The secret ingredient is the sweetened condensed milk that holds all of your delectable dry ingredients together and gives the bar it’s oooey gooey texture. This is a gluten-free recipe, but if you don’t have gluten issues, you can make this recipe from your favorite store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough or even the Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough that comes in a roll. Either way, you’ll still be making magic!
Valentine’s Day Recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, prepared (or any prepared chocolate chip cookie dough of your choice)
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of 2 of the following: milk, dark or white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, toffee, or nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 dish with cooking spray
- Prepare cookie dough and spread it on the bottom of the greased pan (you only need a thin layer so don’t worry if it doesn’t seem very thick)
- Bake cookie base for 15 minutes and remove from oven
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cookie base
- Mix shredded coconut with semi-sweet chocolate chips and the 2 other toppings of your choice in a bowl
- Layer this mixture on top of the condensed milk and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes (until coconut flakes turn light brown)
- Let cool for about 2 hours. Cut, serve, enjoy!
I know this one is going to cheer me up since, so far, I haven’t gotten any cards or chocolate (sniff!)… Wishing you & yours a very love-filled Valentine’s Day!
You might also like:
- Recipe: No-Bake Marbled Treats for Valentine’s Day
- Recipe: Gluten-Free Almond Butter Thumbprints
- DIY Easy Valentine’s Day Cards
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo