Recipe: No-Bake Marbled Treats
- February 8, 2013
- by Melissa Lawrence
Maybe it’s just because I’ve spent too much time on Pinterest lately (btw, are you following my boards?), but I’m really excited for Valentine’s Day next week! Of course, I would love to do something ambitious like fry up my own red velvet doughnuts or pipe out some heart-shaped macarons, but let’s get real. I just don’t have the time (nor skill set required). So I found this SUPER EASY recipe on a great site for moms called NiftyMom.com, founded by Samantha King, who has three sons all within 2 1/2 years of age. Wow! That sounds familiar!
These quick and easy no-bake marbled chocolate graham cracker treats are so lovely that no one will ever guess how easy they are to make. That’s why I’m officially including them as our #4 Fake SuperMom Recipe! What a perfect Valentine’s Day treat to hand out in little plastic bags with red ribbons. Only four ingredients, no baking, and no stress for Mom! Love that!
- 8 1/2 graham crackers
- 6 squares of baker’s semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 squares of baker’s white chocolate
- Line a 9×13″ baking pan with foil. Break seven whole graham crackers in half vertically and one cracker in half horizontally and place them in pan as shown.
- Microwave semisweet chocolate squares and peanut butter for about two minutes until completely mixed and melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour and spread over graham crackers.
- Microwave white chocolate squares for about 1 minute, again stirring every 30 seconds. Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate all over the chocolate mixture then use a butter knife and swirl to create a marbled effect.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until firm. Lift foil out of pan. Samantha suggests that to cut them you should flip the whole thing over on the foil to see the crackers as you originally laid them out, then you can use a knife to cut through the chocolate. She suggests storing them in the refrigerator so they don’t melt.
What are you making this Valentine’s Day? Tell me in the comments! Be mine. xoxo