Welcome to the second segment in my “How to Potty Train” series! Potty training your toddler is a big challenge! A great way to get started is to make sure you have all the right equipment on hand. Today I’m talking about how to start potty training using potty training gear!
My essential items for potty training:
- Potty chair (BABYBJORN Potty Chair): This one is on the pricier side, but I had the best luck with it. I now have a few and my younger kids sit on them during bath-time!
- Toilet seat adapter (BABYBJORN Toilet Trainer) — I like the shape of this Bjorn adapter and my kids found it comfortable from age 3 to 8 years old.
- Toilet step stool (BABYBJORN Safe Step) — you can use any wood stool, or get this sturdy waterproof one for your bathroom.
- Pull-Ups (Pampers Easy Ups Trainers for Girls) — These are my 3-year-old girl’s favorite Dora pull-ups! My boys loved Diego and Cars!
- Potty books: “Big Girls Use the Potty!“ and “Big Boys Use the Potty!” are my favorites.
- Big kid underwear! I love these Gerber 4-pack in girl and boy patterns). I like the quality of the cotton and they last! You can find snazzier patters, but these will last — trust me.
You might also like:
- “How to Potty Train” Part 1: Potty-Training Readiness
- “How to Potty Train” Part 3: My 5-Step Potty-Training Plan
- “How to Potty Train” Part 4: Potty Training Without Pull-Ups
- “How to Potty Train” Part 5: Why I Don’t Use Potty-Training Incentives
- “How to Potty Train” Part 6: Dealing With Anxiety