Hello mamas. So we’re bringing in fall with recipes for our Weekly Wrap Up. Last week, I shared our family’s chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe. This week, I’m sharing our other regular favorite: yummy fudge brownies. Having grown up with brownie mixes, I was suspicious of any brownie recipe from scratch. This one is truly worth the trouble, and not much trouble anyway. Invest in some good chocolate and remember to use sea salt — that makes all the difference.
This recipe was passed on to me from a friend, who had taken it from Martha Stewart. I cut the sugar in half, increased the vanilla and increased the salt. These are not too sweet, yet my kids love them. We make them nearly every week!
Simple Brownie Recipe
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped – try for a good chocolate that is 70% plus, such as Lindt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on two sides. Melt butter and chocolate together (either microwave or pan on stove). Do not let boil. Set aside and let cool to room temperature about 10 minutes. Stir in sugar until combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time. Whisk in vanilla. Fold in flour and salt.
Pour into pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until tester comes out clean. Cool and use parchment paper to lift brownies out of pan. YUM!Share your favorite recipe and enter our Weekly Wrap Up Giveaway below!
Prize: One (1) $25 Amazon gift card.
- Enter using the Gleam widget below.
- Open to U.S readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- You have multiple ways you can enter to increase your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, October 23, 2017 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time).
- Winner will be announced on the widget below within 48 hours after the giveaway has ended.