I’m a creature of habit. In my family, we eat the same meals, buy the same products, and bake the same cookies and cakes. Once I find something that works – which means it’s easy to procure or prepare and my troops like it – I’m IN forever.
What are your family’s favorite Christmas treats? Tell us and enter our weekly giveaway below!
Fortunately the holidays bless this conservative approach. Kids look forward to enjoying the same treats they had last year and the year before that. Meanwhile, those of us with our aprons on take solace in feeling in control. If, like me, new recipes scare and overwhelm you, then you won’t judge me for presenting two old favorites on the site today.
Swedish Butter Cookies
Our favorite butter cookies are so flavorful that the Swedish name for them is drömmar or “dreams”. My mother remembers her father popping them into his mouth whole. My kids sneak them out of the cookie jar, running out of the kitchen before I can stay “wait”! You can forego the almond on top if your house is nut-free. Once you get the hang of these, you can whip up a batch start to finish in less than an hour.
Christmas Cake Recipe
Prize: One (1) $25 Amazon gift card.
- Enter using the Gleam widget below.
- Open to U.S readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- You have multiple ways you can enter to increase your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Monday, December 18, 2017 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time).
- Winner will be announced on the widget below within 48 hours after the giveaway has ended.