1. My favorite month of the year is finally here, and this weekend we’ll be getting our Christmas tree! Since my Mom is Swedish and we have a big family over there, we do a large Swedish Christmas tree and fill the house with Swedish ornaments, decorations and simple greens. For now, I’m just keeping busy with finding ornaments and decorations in our storage locker. I’ll post some pics once we’re in business, hopefully by Sunday night. In the meantime, this blog is providing inspiration…
2. More holiday temptations! Although this looks fancy and sophisticated, this Christmas village was made with empty Kleenex boxes and decorative duct tape! My boys love to build, so they’ll be over the moon over designing and decorating their own houses. Think of how your kids can actually PLAY with this craft by using little animal figurines, too! You could even make a manger out of these boxes for the holiday season. I might have to buy a few extra Kleenex boxes to make this activity happen, but I think it will be so worth it.
3. Winter maternity clothes can be pricey, but if you can concentrate on buying one or two cardigan sweaters or a simple navy blazer like this one and alternate wearing your lighter leggings and comfy jeans and stretchy shirts, you can get a lot of flair for less. Adding a funky necklace like this red beaded one will give you a splash of color, so go ahead and invest in those neutrals (which you can wear over and over again) and dress it up with some accessories!
4. Such a cozy classic! I’ll be bringing this book, along with some of our other favorite winter books, out to read with my girls this December. I’ll be posting some of these favorites on my Instagram account over the course of the month, so check them out and please share yours with me because I LOVE books!
5. To me, this backpack is a great idea for a kid’s gift because you are not only saying, “Here’s something for you,” you’re also saying, “Here’s something for 75 other kids who aren’t as fortunate.” Every dollar spent on buying a backpack such as this one purchases a school lunch for a child in need. Talk about getting into the holiday spirit! My kids’ backpacks are worn-down and in need of replacement, so this charitable-yet-practical gift suits us perfectly!
Although the holidays are usually gorgeous, cozy and fun for those of us who choose to celebrate, they can also cause a lot of stress. Yet with each passing year, I become more and more aware of what truly matters and what really just doesn’t. Getting the perfect gift for someone or sending out your holiday card on time (we’re already late!) doesn’t really matter in the long run. Taking care of yourself does, though. So if you’re feeling bogged down, try to go for a walk. Practice taking long, deep breaths and constantly remind yourself that the world is a beautiful place and that you’re amazing and doing as much as you can. I promise that when you return home, you’ll feel revitalized and ready to tackle…
Is there anything I missed? Seen something fabulous or maybe you shared a project on your blog and you want a shout out? Let me know in the comments or share it with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google+.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo