Howdy, mamas! Melissa here, back with Friday Finds, aka my favorite part of the week because I get to dream big and think of lovely, yummy treats for my house and family (rather than fall apart on Friday from utter exhaustion, which is usually what I feel is happening). Call it cheap therapy!
1) Lately, I’ve been feeling a snack vacuum, and I’m completely devoid of ideas for snacks that my kids will want to eat. They’re not digging the hummus with the baby carrots, so it’s time to regroup. I know this banana bread recipe will delight them, and I’m all for throwing in a few chocolate chips–heck, why not?! Since I haven’t been able to locate my good ol’ favorite recipe for this, I found this yummy one instead which I plan on baking this week. Stay tuned to see how it turns out!
2) For some, Thanksgiving means a delicious, satisfying meal. For us mamas, it also means a L-O-N-G weekend of trying to entertain your kiddies with fun things to do. Here are two great ideas that I found. The first could double as a holiday card (might require a ladder, so keep that in mind!).
3) How cute is this with those old boxes sitting around that you don’t know what to do with? I would stick close by because I know Marielle would want to get out on cue. This is like box graffiti and how fun for kids to just be able to own their own space!
4) Mustaches + November = MOVEMBER. Take a stroll anywhere during the month of November and you’ll probably see a sea of men with unshaven faces and carefully-shaped mustaches. This trend has exploded over the past couple of years and has since been used to raise awareness for men’s health issues. Now it’s not just a tradition for men-it’s a part of pop culture that you can get your baby involved in! Check out some of these cute mustache-themed baby ideas that would make any dad proud.
5) Layering is a super easy way to handle the changing seasons and to move from the chilly outdoors to the warmth of the indoors. I’m always wearing a camisole underneath my clothes, and I usually peel off all of my layers while I’m working in my overheated laundry room. Layering makes the transition between traveling indoors and outdoors over and over again that much easier. These adorable outfits are not technically maternity wear, but I think that they could be (especially if you swap the jeans for leggings). I adore this red sweater and it reminds me of some of the sweaters that I had back in the late 80’s. Time to go hunting in my closet for those!
6) Here we are on our way back from gymnastics yesterday, ready to hop on the bus. If my girls can duck and tumble–even though several months ago they were too scared to do so — I should have no problem throwing caution to the wind and plunging head first into the list of things that I want to accomplish. So tomorrow-rather than hesitate, ponder, wait and worry-I’m just going to try and Go! Go! Go! and keep moving ahead with the blog, the holiday prep and everything else on my plate. I betcha things will roll much more smoothly that way when I worry less and just go for it!
Happy (almost) Thanksgiving! Good luck getting ready this week and thank you so much for coming to CloudMom!
Is there anything I missed? Seen something fabulous or maybe you shared a project on your blog and you want a shout out? Let me know in the comments or share it with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google+.