With Thanksgiving just a few weeks away, I’m concentrating on fun recipes and crafts I can do with the kids this weekend that won’t require too much shopping in advance. Here are some of those and a few other goodies that tempted me this week!
1) Couldn’t resist these yummy and adorable turkeys, and they look so simple to make! Don’t you just know that those pretzel sticks would get plucked right out just like candles on a birthday cake?
2) Step No.1 for me with Thanksgiving dinner is always baking the cornbread! In past years, I’ve stuck to the basic recipe on the box. Last year, I tried a jalapeno cornbread which had a nice, spicy kick to it. This year, I’m going to try something new again with this simple and moist recipe — looks so yummy and warm!
3) I love easy baby activities that don’t require me to buy anything, and this simple, sensory treasure basket really stood out to me. It’s easy to do and involves only throwing a few safe, circular-shaped objects in varying sizes, diameters and textures into a basket. This would also allow me to put those thick bangles that I don’t use anymore to use! Even though she’s older than the baby here, my daughter Marielle has been having fun with these, taking the bracelets on and off and stacking them up her arms.
4) How fun would it be to decorate the house with these? The instructions are as simple as cutting out the middle of a paper plate, covering the middle with transparent Con-Tact paper, and arranging fall leaves and flower petals into your own design. When the sun shines through in the morning, you’ll have instant art reflected onto your walls!
5) I think plaid coats are so versatile, and pairing them with cute boots creates a flawless look. Emphasizing your footwear is a great way to have fun with maternity wear, and I’m melting over these sleek and sophisticated boots!
6) Sometimes I feel so conflicted with trying to balance running the website and taking care of my kiddies. My No.1 solution is to try and involve them as much as possible, even if this means having them cuddle up next to me in bed while I’m working on the computer. This past week, my girls helped me pick out outfits for my big trip to L.A. to be on The Moms View! I miss them terribly, and I think of them whenever I look at the tops that they helped me pick out. I’m already counting down the seconds until I get to see all of their faces again!
Is there anything I missed? Seen something fabulous or maybe you shared a project on your blog and you want a shout out? Let me know in the comments or share it with me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google+.