Hello my dears! Can’t believe we are already three weeks into our summer adventure. Those who have followed me for a while know that we came to Barcelona for the first time last year to visit family and friends. We had such a wonderful time that we decided to come back, and to try to throw in some weekend trips to get to know Spain a bit better.
One of the main places to visit in Spain on our family’s list has been the Costa Brava. The Costa Brava boasts some of the best beaches in Spain plus some amazing history. Among the most well-preserved Roman ruins in Spain are those of Empurias, which we witnessed at the beginning of today’s video.
After several fascinating hours of seeing the walls constructed by the Greeks and Romans — and a Fanta break (boy, it was hot!) our tour bus took off to explore several coastal villages including Begur, Sa Tuna and Sa Riega. Charming and small, these villages speckle the Costa Brava, each boasting it’s own unique character.
For example, Sa Tuna houses small casitas formerly belonging to fisherman. As with Sa Tuna, the beach of each coastal town we visited was framed by the rocky mountainside, making each beach an enclave.
Sinking our eyes into the deep blue waters of the Mediterranean proved exhilarating.
Watch my video for more. Although the winds were heavy and you can hear them too much in my audio (sorry!) hope you will enjoy the sights as much as we did.
Stay tuned each Friday for more from my little Spain travel guide and thanks so much for reading! Next week we are heading to Madrid (or Real Madrid, as the boys say)! I’ve heard so much about the magical city of Madrid — we are all so excited to see it for the first time.
Oh, and here are some of my other videos with places to visit in Spain:
- Weekly Wrap Up #24: Spain’s Inland and Coast & GIVEAWAY
- Indoors & Outdoors in Spain: My Kids Bedrooms & Parc Güell
- Barcelona with Kids: History and Chocolate Plus GIVEAWAY
- 5 American Kids Hit Barcelona’s Miro Museum
- Making Science Fun At Cosmo Caixa
- $50 Amazon Giveaway & Ice Cream EVERYWHERE!!!
- Battling Constipation in Kids While Traveling
- How A 9 Year Old Stole My Heart!
- One-on-One Time With My Baby
- Surviving Flying Alone Internationally With Kids