With hardly time enough to shower and blow-dry your hair, how can you possibly fit fitness into your busy day when you’re managing kids and a busy household? According to CloudMom’s guest contributor this week, the trick is to multitask in some new and creative ways! Chicago-based Pilates instructor Jovanka JoAnn Milivojevic suggests making small but meaningful changes in the things you do throughout the day to get your body moving. With that and a few well-timed exercises (i.e., ones you can do while in the grocery store checkout line), you’re all set, mama. Read on…
Pin for later!
An Easy Workout Routine For Moms
Studies show that even 10-minute bursts of exercise throughout the day can and do make a difference. A workout for moms is possible – here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Use TV commercial breaks for exercise. An hour long TV show will present at least 10-minutes of commercials. Use each break for a different exercise: sit ups, push-up/held planks, jogging in place, jumping jacks – you get the picture. If your kids are old enough – turn commercial time into an exercise challenge. How many jumping jacks can you do in 30-seconds?
2. Do pelvic floor lifts while standing in line. No one likes standing in line, so why not turn it into THE time that you strengthen your pelvic floor? Just lift, hold and release while you wait. And no one needs to know.
3. Walk the lot. Parking your car in the furthest space of the lot provides the opportunity to take more steps. Ditto for taking the stairs instead of an elevator, and remember you can always walk up that escalator too.
4. Keep a gym clothes/shoes in your car/office. Keep gym items handy and next time you’ve got to wait an extra 20 minutes for your kid, you can use the time jog around the block instead of texting in your car.
5. Stretch out your back. As a mom you’re always bending forward, picking up toys, your kids, the groceries. Take 60-seconds to stretch backwards and you’ll feel better and more energized.
Small changes pave the way to big successes.
Do you have any exercises for moms you can share? Please comment below!
Go to Jovanka JoAnn Milivojevic for more on Jovanka and her content for making exercise doable for busy moms!
You might also enjoy:
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo