Hello, moms and dads out there!
This Thursday marks Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday to share with family, friends, and amazing food. I have to admit, with Thanksgiving sweets always being so tempting, I always overeat! I have a feeling a lot of you out there feel the same about the typically high-sugar Thanksgiving desserts: apple pies, pumpkin pies, cookies and cakes, etc. Since as a family we’re making an effort to reduce our sugar intake, I’ve decided to explore some healthier options. Here are my picks for delicious yet guilt-free Thanksgiving desserts!
Healthy Thanksgiving Desserts
1. Yogurt and Apricot Pie with Crunchy Granola Crust – An exciting twist on the classic apple pie! Apricots are one of my favorite fruits…I would love to try this one on Thanksgiving! We all know how healthy yogurt and apricots can be, and even the oats and almonds are good for your blood pressure. A guilt-free indulgence this holiday season!
2. Vegan Apple Coconut Crumble Pie – Are you debating whether to make an apple pie or an apple crisp? This healthier version combines the best of both worlds, but you’ll feel a little less guilty about it! Each slice contains about 100 fewer calories than a regular apple pie! And those definitely add up on Thanksgiving. I have a feeling this would be a hit at my house this holiday season!
3. Glazed Chocolate-Pumpkin Bundt Cake – This is the season of the pumpkin! So why not offer a light pumpkin dessert at your next holiday party? This one is sure to stun. This lighter dessert replaces a lot of the fat in typical pumpkin recipes with pureed pumpkin and is delicately seasoned. Makes 16 servings, so it’s perfect for a party of any size!
4. Fudge Brownies – Now I know what you might be thinking, how in the world can I make fudge brownies into a healthy dessert? The secret? Pureed sweet potatoes! Crazy, right?? However, their flavor is so mild your guests will never suspect it! And they don’t need to feel guilty about visiting the platter more than once.
5. Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies – Finally, a cookie you can feel good about feeding your children! If you thought cranberries could only make their Thanksgiving entrance in the sauce, here’s another use for these delicious fruits. They’ll add a naturally sweet-tart flavor to the cookies everyone will enjoy. Think how much healthier they are than chocolate chips (although we love those too).
Hope you enjoyed this post on guilt-free desserts that are sure to be a hit at your holiday party! Have a blessed Thanksgiving! If you have any more Thanksgiving ideas on food or otherwise, I’d love to hear them in the comments below!