New Study Finds Yelling Harmful
- October 2, 2013
- by Melissa Lawrence
1) Look at a baby picture of your child
2) Drink several glasses of water or have a snack — seriously! Sometimes by 7pm I find that I am literally starving. Eating an earlier dinner with my kids (I usually wait for Marc but recently I’ve been eating with the kids) is really helping me get through the bedtime hour without feeling drained of energy.
3) Go to your “happy place” by closing your eyes and singing your favorite song to yourself – don’t worry if you look weird or are off-tune, the point is to regain your cool.
4) Turn on the TV until everyone calms down – better than saying something which you will later regret.
5) If smoke is coming out of your ears, make sure the kids are safe, and exit the situation.