Holiday Gift Guide: Best Books for Babies!
- December 3, 2012
- by Melissa Lawrence
Hello, fellow parents!
Books (especially interactive books) make a great holiday gift for a baby or a pregnant mama-to-be — there’s nothing better than reading a book with your little one. And it’s never too soon to start! Reading to newborns is a wonderful bonding experience, and your baby will learn a lot about you from just listening to your voice. After five babies and lots and lots of baby bedtime stories, there are a few favorites on my bookshelf that have stood the test of time.
Pin for later!
In this video I share my top picks for best books for babies from 6 months to 18 months old. These are all small, short board-books with invitations for the child to touch and feel and interact with the book. And with the holiday season upon us, think of this as your own personalized holiday gift guide for baby!
Here’s the list and links to buy:
- Little Ladybug: Finger Puppet Book & Little Bee: Finger Puppet Book ($6.99 each) So fun to poke your finger through to make a live active ladybug as the story goes on.
- That’s Not My Teddy… (Usborne Touchy-Feely Board Books) ($8.99) At the end I touch my child’s belly too and ask if it’s furry!
- Touch and Feel: Shapes ($6.99) This is part of a series – colorful and tactile.
- “Kisses” is another wonderful, colorful, tactile book that my kids loved, but it’s out of print. A similar book with furry animals is Disney It’s A Small World: Furry Friends ($7.99)
- Faces (Look Baby! Board Books) ($4.99) Nothing to get a baby engaged like the face of another baby and it’s great way for the wee ones to start to recognize and understand emotions!
You might also like: