Melissa here, with some quality baby products to add to your shopping list! New mamas, this is a totally hectic time and it’s really easy to miss a must-have baby product here or there. I can definitely say that for my first baby, I wasn’t as prepared as I thought I was. After going through the process five times, I think I got the knack of it. Here are some suggestions for products that you can add to your shopping list today!
- Replacement Valve and Membrane for Medela Breastpumps: For breast pumping moms, this is a must-have, along with your other breast pumping tools. The membranes are flexible for added comfort and can respond quickly to pressure changes. And due to their innovative angle, they won’t trap your precious, hard-earned breast milk. Because every drop counts, of course. A storage case adds protection and convenience on any trip, from the plane to the office!
- HALO 100% Cotton Muslin Sleepsack Swaddle: Ah, the swaddle. There are so many benefits to swaddling your baby because it provides a tight, secure, cozy environment, just like the womb! If you didn’t think to pick up some burp cloths from the hospital that can double as a swaddling cloth, consider this sleep sack, complete with strong, adjustable fasteners to hold the perfect swaddle in place. Your child can sleep comfortably arms in, hands-to-face, or arms out in this cozy sleep sack!
- Gerber Unisex Short Sleeve Side Snap Shirt: With a new baby and way less time for laundry, I always kept a lot of extra clothes just in case. I loved dressing my babies in side snap shirts. They are no fuss when it comes to dressing and won’t interfere with diaper changes! Add a few extra packs of these to your baby’s wardrobe today.
- SpaSilk Washcloths: Baby’s skin is so sensitive, so you really have to be careful of what you’re bathing your baby with. These cloths are 80% cotton and super soft and smooth, perfect for even the most tender skin. A comforting and practical addition to any bath!
- Nuby Nasal Aspirator and Ear Syringe Set: Every once in a while, your baby might experience uncomfortable and sometimes painful nasal and ear congestion. This easy-to-use aspirator is pediatrician recommended and comes in a variety of fun colors. My babies all had a lot of built-up gunk, so it was good to have one of these on hand!
- Multi-Purpose WET BAG by PumpEase: There’s no getting around dragging your pumping machine around when you’re a new mom on the go, but that doesn’t mean you have to advertise it to the world. This discreet bag is perfect for carrying your favorite breast pumping machine and accessories, “incognito.” They’ll never guess what you’re actually toting around!
- Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Moms: Breastfeeding can be a boot camp for your boobs. After five babies in the span of six and a half years, my breasts and nipples went through a LOT. Cracked, sore nipples were a constant pain. Lanolin is great for soothing sore nips, and is safe enough for your baby!
- American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper: Nail clipping your baby’s fingers and toes can be a dreaded task for any new mom or dad. This nail clipper, complete with a handy magnifying glass, is here to make it a little easier. With the 4x magnification, you won’t have to strain your eyes to see the tiny fingers and toes, and you’ll feel a lot more confident in your nail clipping skills!
- Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad: With a new baby, you’ll be spending most of your time feeding, putting them down to sleep, and changing their diapers. So it’s smart to invest in a changing pad that is both durable and easy to clean. This completely waterproof model can be simply wiped down with a damp cloth. Your baby will be comfortable and secure during every changing, and you can be happy knowing it’s so easy to maintain!
- Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Bath: Maintain your baby’s soft, touchable skin with the soothing oat formula of Aveeno Baby, in lavender and vanilla. The soothing, relaxing scent calms your baby before bed, which is great for all you sleep-deprived mamas!
That’s it for now, moms and dads! Best of luck with the new baby and finding everything you need, either in the stores or online. Hope this helped you brainstorm for those baby essentials!