10 Fun Barbecue Foods to Make With Your Kids
- June 3, 2016
- by Melissa Lawrence
Summer is finally here! And you know what that means? Barbecue season! I love cooking outdoors with my family when the weather finally gets warmer. It’s an amazing way to spend quality-time with your kiddies and spouse, all while enjoying some delicious food.
In order to get your kids more involved, I’ve put together a list of barbecue ideas for kid-friendly foods they will love!
10 Barbecue Foods for Kids
- Veggie-packed burgers: Do your kids love burgers but hate eating their vegetables? Give them the best of both worlds with these hamburgers packed with healthy veggies! They’ll never notice the difference.
- Pizza burgers: Combine their two favorite foods into one glorious burger this barbecue season. They’ll be begging for more!
- Super Moist Grilled Barbecue Chicken: Your whole family will gobble these delicious chicken pieces up. With “Super Moist” in the name, you know they’ll be good!
- BBQ Beef Skewers: Forget the buns! These delicious skewers will be a highlight to any bbq and your kids will be going for seconds. Just be careful with the pointy skewers around young children!
- Peachy Turkey Burger: You may be thinking…”peaches and turkey?” You never know until you try, right? These could be a great (and healthier!) way to spruce up your barbecue.
- Fresh fruit salad: This one is always a hit at any summer party. A cool, refreshing (and guilt-free!) snack. Your kids will love the mix of colors and bursting fruit freshness.
- Pasta Salad: The best part about pasta salad is that you can customize it for yourself and your family, and it provides fresh veggies for your kids to eat!
- BBQ Bananas: Another one that looks strange but tastes great! Add some vanilla ice cream for a super cool treat your kids will enjoy. For added fun, let your kids decorate the banana split to their liking with chocolate chips, sprinkles, and of course, a cherry on top!
- Strawberry Nutella Milkshake: Beat the heat and cool off on those hot summer afternoons with this delicious sweet treat your kids will love!
- Fudge Bars: These chocolate-y desserts are perfect for the end of any summer party. Just get the molds, make the batter, and freeze!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these fun food for kids ideas! What other ideas do you have for family food this summer? Comment below!