A big question when it comes to how to potty train is whether or not to use potty-training rewards or incentives — things like candy or small gifts — to encourage your toddler to poop or pee in the big potty.
Pin for later!
Potty Training Success
I personally did not use rewards or incentives and instead used positive reinforcement, which worked well with my children! But many families do find that rewards can work with their kids. For instance, one friend would let her daughter pick out a barrette or other inexpensive trinket every time she did something in the potty. Every child is different so it’s really up to you to find what works best with your kiddie!
For more thoughts about the pros and cons of using rewards when it comes to potty training, watch my vlog!
You might also like:
- “How to Potty Train” Part 1: Potty-Training Readiness
- “How to Potty Train” Part 2: Essential Potty-Training Equipment
- “How to Potty Train” Part 3: My 5-Step Potty-Training Plan
- “How to Potty Train” Part 4: Potty Training Without Pull-Ups
- “How to Potty Train” Part 6: Dealing With Anxiety
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo