Hello everyone. Well, I’m very late with the Weekly Wrap Up since we arrived home late last night from a two-day soccer tournament. Today four of the kids are off school but I’m managing to squeeze in a few minutes of computer time. This is my favorite weekly post and I am committed to getting it out!!
Ok so the week started with a trip to the Metropolitan Museum. I took the boys and some friends to see the Sargent exhibit. Then, we meandered through the beautiful rooms and tried to take in the building itself. Since it’s just a short bus ride form our apartment, I’m trying to get to this glorious museum at least a few times a year.
Fall is here and on my way home from dropping Marielle, these fall flowers stood gloriously on the sidewalk waiting for someone to take them home.
The long weekend was exactly that for us, LONG. We awoke at 5 a.m. Saturday and Sunday to drive to Long Island for a huge soccer tournament in which all three boys played. We won some games and we lost some games. Amazing to me is how much my boys have learned about working hard and sticking with something through soccer. My proudest moments are when I see them not giving up.
We enjoyed beautiful sunny skies, green fields, and nice chats with the other parents by the side of the field.
The trees are starting to turn which makes me feel lucky for being in New England. Fall is my favorite season and makes me want to spend more time outdoors finding things to do with family.
What is your favorite season? Let me know some of your ideas for fun things to do in the fall in the comments!
This photos sort of sums up the weekend. Yoga pants covered with grass, dirty sneakers, and tired legs but a happy proud mama to see her kids running around and engaged in something that matters to them.
Mamas and papas, no matter what it is — whether it’s art or theatre or painting, sports, music or anything else that worthwhile — encourage your kids to engage. When we get involved with something we love, we feel centered and life has meaning and momentum. The best thing is to care about what you do, right?
Wishing everyone a wonderful Fall week, and here are my resolutions:
- Get back to eating dinner early. This is a great time to go over everyone’s day and helps me sleep better (versus when I eat with Marc at 9 p.m. — sorry honey, you’re OUT).
- Shoot my first post in our new series with Onzie — yoga folks out there, you are going to love their new line.
- Make some lentil soup that we can freeze and have for a quick dinner and I can eat for lunch.
- Practice reading with Annaliese. She’s beginning to read and it’s so exciting.
- Pack for next weekend’s Bat Mitzvah. Marc and I are headed to Florida next weekend for his best friend’s daughter’s Bat Mitzvah so I need a dress, shoes, and bag ready to go. So excited for the warm weather.
- Focus on the positive, not the negative. Life is complex and people can disappoint you and let you down. I’m trying to work on just accepting the IS versus asking myself WHY all the time, and letting the power of positive thinking work its magic. There are so many people I love and trust … if I can only focus on them and not waste time worrying about other less fulfilling relationships. Any of you guys in the same boat?? Tell me how you handle this balancing act.
Sending love and stay tuned for some wonderful posts this week!
Prize: One (1) $50 Amazon gift card.
- Enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.
- Open to U.S readers.
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- You have multiple ways you can enter to increase your chances of winning.
- The giveaway ends on Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time).
- Winner will be announced on the widget below within 48 hours after the giveaway has ended.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo