Don’t you just love Fall? The cool weather always makes me crave warm, comforting food — especially sweets! And this recipe for the best banana bread (at least, in my opinion!) is so easy and so delicious. And your house will smell so wonderful while it’s baking! So yummy. You can serve it for a banana bread breakfast, a snack or even dessert. It’s a great way to sneak some fruit into your kids, and if you make it with whole wheat flour, it’s pretty healthy, as baked goods go at least! Throw in some raisins and your kids will be even more delighted.
Pin for later!
Okay, okay, I know this recipe isn’t technically healthy, but I do think it’s more nutritious than a lot of muffins out there. Enjoy!
Do you love fruity breads like this — carrot cake, date loaf — and if so what is your favorite? Any healthy baked goods you love serving your family this season? A favorite fruit bread recipe? Share below!
- 1/2 cup butter (4 oz)
- 1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 mashed bananas, the riper the better
- 3 cups whole wheat or white flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- Approx. 1/2 cup golden raisins (if desired — you can put in as much as you want!)
- Cream together butter and dark brown sugar
- Mix in eggs, vegetable oil and bananas
- Add flour, baking powder, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and raisins
- Bake in a lightly greased loaf pan at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes
Makes one loaf or 12 muffins, if desired.
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo