For the next recipe in my Fake Supermom series, I’m sharing a gooey brownie recipe that is rich and chocolatety and to-die-for, and truly almost as easy as making them from a box.
Almost …. you do have to go to the store for special chocolate and have some basic ingredients on hand. Go for this 60% cocoa Ghirandelli chocolate. It’s so yum, and no guilt ladies because research this week has answered the question of can chocolate be good for you by saying YES!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (try 1 cup for less sweet)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on two sides.
- Melt butter and chocolate together (either microwave or pan on stove); do not let boil.
- Set aside the chocolate and butter and let cool to room temperature about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar. I tried this amount last night and did find it to be sweet, so don’t worry about cutting down on the sugar by 1/2 cup!
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time. If you’re a wimp like me, by now your wrist is probably hurting!
- Now, whisk in vanilla.
- Gradually incorporate the flour and the salt.
- Here’s my completed mixture all ready to go in the pan! Try to do a better job than I did of leaving the parchment paper about two inches on all sides — it makes getting the brownies out a lot easier.
- Place this in your oven and bake on the center rack for 40-45 minutes. What you see here is a DOUBLED RECIPE and beware that when you do this, the cooking time can be longer and you can end up with a very crusty top and a very gooey brownie … but you might like that.
- And here’s the finished product. I did have to check numerous times to make sure these were cooked last night; you can see the poke holes!
- If you’d like to make this into a fancier dessert, add fruit, vanilla ice cream, and some whipped cream.
- Enjoy!!! xo Melissa
Questions, comments, concerns?? Comment below and I will do my bestest to get back to you as soon as possible! xo Melissa
You might also like:
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo