Can you believe how quickly time passes? We’re already in January of 2016! Did you know that January is also known as Oatmeal month? That’s right. An entire month dedicated to the heartiest of breakfasts. Now, we all know the countless benefits of oatmeal…it’s been linked to good heart health and contains a good amount of calcium and potassium. But even better, oatmeal can be enjoyed in a variety of forms, any time of the day. So I’ve collected several oatmeal recipes that I can’t wait to start making with my five kiddies!
1. Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: I’m so happy to have stumbled upon this oatmeal chocolate chip recipe because it’s now been a family favorite for years! For years, I’d been searching unsuccessfully for a healthy after-school snack for my five kids, until I found these. And I can feel good about my children eating them because I know that they’ll satisfy their sweet tooth but are packed with essential nutrients!
2. Blueberry Oatmeal Bake: Even the picture of this recipe is good enough to eat, makes my mouth water just looking at it! This dish would be perfect for warming up any cold winter morning and adds a great kick of antioxidants with those lovely blueberries. If you’re always on-the-go, like I find myself to be, this would be a wonderful alternative to gooey, sloppy oatmeal in a bowl. Super portable for the busiest of January days!
3. Zucchini Oatmeal: Looking for an oatmeal that packs an extra nutritious punch? Why not try this unique variety? A warm bowl of this zucchini bread oatmeal is the perfect breakfast mix of sweet and savory and will keep you feeling full and energized for whatever comes your way during the day.
4. Oatmeal Pancakes: My kids LOVE pancakes, especially my family favorite Swedish pancakes. I usually try to keep them for only the most special of occasions, or when I have family visiting because it’s easy to make many at a time. But this oatmeal pancake recipe looks pretty nutritious that they might become a regular breakfast options for the family! I think I would cut down on the salt and substitute in skim milk, but I’m looking forward to trying these healthy pancakes!
5. Oatmeal Smoothie: What’s easier than taking your breakfast in a jar and sipping it on the way to work or when you’re dropping off the kids? Talk about portable! If you know me, you know how much I love apples and cinnamon, so I can’t wait to try this drinkable breakfast!
Let me know what you think and if you have any more ideas on how to make oatmeal a bigger part of your life in January. So excited to be back for another year with the great CloudMom community!
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo