Feeling stressed out and running on empty in all the holiday chaos? Melissa here, with your caffeine fix!
I have to be honest with you, there are few things better than a hot cup of coffee on a cold winter’s day. Drinking coffee during the holidays (or every day for that matter) wakes me right up and preps me for anything that comes my way. Since my days mostly consist of working and herding my five kids to and from home and school, coffee is a must for me. And since it’s December, what’s better than fixing up your roasty-toasty cup of Joe with some holiday cheer? Here are some yummy caffeinated holiday drinks for the winter!
1. Peppermint Lattes – Who says candy canes are only for kids? Give your boring old coffee a peppermint kick! All you need is coffee, skim milk, some peppermint extract, and whipped cream and candy cane for optional garnish. Click through here for a quick and easy recipe for this homemade latte. A refreshing, minty start to any day!
2. Eggnog Lattes – It wouldn’t be the holiday season without eggnog. But I’ll be honest, I never thought about drinking it in any other context than a late night Christmas party. However, this easy breezy eggnog latte sure sounds delicious! All you need is milk, eggnog, espresso, and a pinch of nutmeg. Click here for the recipe. Go ahead, treat yourself to this creamy coffee on a cold winter’s morning. It’s sure to keep you toasty warm!
3. White Spiced Coffee – Now this is one I definitely hadn’t heard of before now. Sounds like a scrumptious mix of cinnamon, cardamon, and honey in coffee-steeped milk. Click through here for details. If we had a fireplace (cons of living in an apartment), this sounds like the perfect drink to sip around the fire!
4. Pumpkin Spiced Latte – I couldn’t make a list about holiday-themed coffees and NOT include the PSL – the drink adored by millions every year as soon as the weather gets colder. Only difference is, you won’t be dropping $5 or $6 at a coffee shop with this homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe. In just 10 minutes, you can have your favorite cold weather drink right at home.
5. Holiday Spiced Coffee – With a name like that, it had to go on the list. Add some zest and spice to your holidays this year with this delicious coffee, perfect for fighting off the biting cold of winter. All you’ll need is ground coffee, pumpkin pie spice, orange zest, and a drip coffee maker. Click here for the simple Christmas coffee recipe!
And who says you can’t bring a little holiday cheer into the New Year? I think I might try some of these easy coffee recipes even in January!
Got any more holiday coffee recipes? Comment below, all you winter coffee lovers!
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check back for more! xo