10 Easy Snacks for your Healthy Family
- Layered Hummus Dip : Serve this hummus alongside pita bread, tomatoes, and carrots, and you have a perfectly balanced after-school treat.
- Turkey Pinwheels : Opt for these adorable mini sandwiches when your kids get home. The protein in the cheese and turkey will keep them going until dinner is served!
- Ants on a Log : This classic never goes out of style. Even though my boys are older, they still love the celery, peanut butter, and raisin combo!
- Banana pops : Opt for bananas or almost any fruit. Blend their favorite fruits in a blender, fill a few ice pop molds, and wait overnight. A cold pick-me-up for after school that you can feel good about!
- Granola, Yogurt, and Berry Parfaits : Sounds fancy, but it’s actually super easy to make! My kids love them, and I know yours will, too!
- PB&J Bites : Your kids will love this new twist on an old classic! And you’ll feel better knowing that the peanut butter, quinoa, and oats will keep them energized until dinner.
- Organic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies : This is one of my family’s favorite recipes. They are delicious and I don’t feel as guilty about them because they’re organic and filled with healthy oats!
- Leftovers : Never underestimate the power of leftovers. Especially if you kept extras from a healthy dinner or lunch the other day, a small serving would make a great after-school snack!
- Peanut Butter Dip : Easy to make and easy to eat! Served with apple slices, celery sticks, or pretzels, your kids will love mixing and matching at snack time.
- Homemade trail mix : These are perfect for little baggies to take anywhere! Customize them to your kids’ tastes, but as a suggestion, combine 1 cup whole-grain toasted oat cereal with 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup dried cranberries for a healthy alternative.
Hope you’ve enjoyed these healthy snack ideas! Comment below with your own!